Updated COVIDSafe settings for metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are now in place.
View new restrictions to construction sites.
We’re building a community hospital for the Eltham area
The Eltham area Community Hospital will give people better access to many important ‘everyday’ health services closer to home. It’s one of 10 community hospitals we’re building close to major growth areas across Victoria.
The Eltham area Community Hospital will be managed by Austin Health and provide a range of services, including:
- unplanned urgent care
- general medical and specialist appointments
- women’s health
- social support
- paediatric care
- pathology and imaging
- public dental
- chronic disease management
- mental health
- alcohol and other drug support
- day surgery
- day chemotherapy
- allied health and rehabilitation
- family safety and crisis support.
Preferred location identified
Council-owned land at the Nillumbik Council Facilities Complex, Greensborough has been identified as the preferred location for the Eltham area Community Hospital.
A traffic impact and parking analysis will be conducted to determine parking requirements, the location for the public entrance and other traffic management measures.
Exact property dimensions subject to surveyor assessment
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED OCT 2018
- Constructions JAN 2019 ENGAGEMENT AND INITIAL SCOPING BEGAN
- SERVICE PLANNING BEGAN JUL 2020
- Constructions 2021 LAND ACQUISITION AND DESIGN BEGINS
- CONSTRUCTION BEGINS 2022
- Constructions 2024 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
- OCT 2018 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- JAN 2019 Constructions ENGAGEMENT AND INITIAL SCOPING BEGAN
- JUL 2020 SERVICE PLANNING BEGAN
- 2021 Constructions LAND ACQUISITION AND DESIGN BEGINS
- 2022 CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
- 2024 Constructions CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
The VHBA will seek community feedback before a decision is made on purchasing land.
The VHBA will work with Nillumbik Shire Council to ensure community views are considered.
More information will be available in August 2021.
Last updated: 23 July 2021