We’re building a community hospital for the Eltham area
Please note: since this news item was published, a site at 405 Ryans Road, Diamond Creek was secured for the new Eltham area Community Hospital. Visit our project page for the latest updates.
The Eltham area Community Hospital will give people better access to many important ‘everyday’ health services closer to home. It’s one of 10 community hospitals we’re building close to major growth areas across Victoria.
The Eltham area Community Hospital will be managed by Austin Health and provide a range of services, including:
- unplanned urgent care
- general medical and specialist appointments
- women’s health
- social support
- paediatric care
- pathology and imaging
- public dental
- chronic disease management
- mental health
- alcohol and other drug support
- day surgery
- day chemotherapy
- allied health and rehabilitation
- family safety and crisis support.
Preferred location identified
Council-owned land at the Nillumbik Council Facilities Complex, Greensborough has been identified as the preferred location for the Eltham area Community Hospital.
A traffic impact and parking analysis will be conducted to determine parking requirements, the location for the public entrance and other traffic management measures.
Exact property dimensions subject to surveyor assessment
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED OCT 2018
- Constructions JAN 2019 ENGAGEMENT AND INITIAL SCOPING BEGAN
- SERVICE PLANNING BEGAN JUL 2020
- Constructions 2021 LAND ACQUISITION AND DESIGN BEGINS
- CONSTRUCTION BEGINS 2022
- Constructions 2024 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
- OCT 2018 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- JAN 2019 Constructions ENGAGEMENT AND INITIAL SCOPING BEGAN
- JUL 2020 SERVICE PLANNING BEGAN
- 2021 Constructions LAND ACQUISITION AND DESIGN BEGINS
- 2022 CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
- 2024 Constructions CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
The VHBA will seek community feedback before a decision is made on purchasing land.
The VHBA will work with Nillumbik Shire Council to ensure community views are considered.
More information will be available in August 2021.
Last updated: 14 June 2022
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates