Join the new Barwon Women’s and Children’s Community Consultative Committee
Please note that the expression of interest to join the community consultative committee has now closed.
We’re calling on people from Geelong and surrounding communities to join a community consultative committee.
Community consultative committees help support the planning of new health infrastructure projects.
Their role is to:
- provide feedback on local health needs and expectations
- represent the community’s diverse views
- comment on emerging issues, opportunities and priorities of the local community.
Join the committee to help shape the new Barwon Women’s and Children’s
The committee will be chaired by the Member for Geelong, Christine Couzens.
The committee will include:
- representatives from Barwon Health
- representatives from City of Greater Geelong council
- a diverse cross-section of the community, to ensure local views and ideas are incorporated into the planning.
Expressions of interest to join the committee have now closed.
Early site demolition works started in November 2022 with the demolition of Myers House on the corner of Myers and Bellerine streets.
Planning will continue throughout 2023, preparing for the construction of the new Barwon Women’s and Children’s.
Learn more about the Barwon Women’s and Children’s via our dedicated project page.
Last updated: 19 May 2023
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates