The $6.38 million Barwon Health surgery hub at University Hospital in Geelong was completed in November 2018.
The surgery hub expansion and refurbishment included new waiting and recovery areas designed to provide a more comfortable stay for patients. It also delivered more modern theatre facilities designed to support increased capacity and quality of care.
The project was part of a $93.2 million upgrade to the University Hospital Geelong. It was designed to make the experience of having surgery less stressful and more welcoming.
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED OCT 2014
- Constructions MAR 2017 BUILDER APPOINTED
- CONSTRUCTION BEGAN MAR 2017
- Constructions OCT 2017 STAGE 1 COMPLETE
- ALL STAGES COMPLETE NOV 2018
- OCT 2014 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- MAR 2017 Constructions BUILDER APPOINTED
- MAR 2017 CONSTRUCTION BEGAN
- OCT 2017 Constructions STAGE 1 COMPLETE
- NOV 2018 ALL STAGES COMPLETE
Last updated: 18 October 2019
Subscribe to our
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates