Updated COVIDSafe settings for metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are now in place.
View new restrictions to construction sites.
The Victorian Government’s investment into the Mental health beds expansion program will deliver 30 mental health beds at the Northern Hospital, Epping.
The delivery of the project will increase capacity, reduce pressure on emergency departments and provide additional support for people experiencing mental illness who require immediate treatment.
Once complete, the new 30-bed mental health facility at Northern Hospital will provide more than 10,900 days of care, enabling 655 more locals to access vital mental health services every year.
The Victorian Government is investing $492 million towards the delivery of 144 new acute public mental health beds across Victoria.
The new beds are a response to a key recommendation of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System and will address critical demand pressures.
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED NOV 2020
- Constructions MAR 2021 DESIGNS RELEASED
- BUILDER ANNOUNCED MAR 2021
- Constructions MID 2021 CONSTRUCTION COMMENCES
- CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE LATE 2022
- NOV 2020 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- MAR 2021 Constructions DESIGNS RELEASED
- MAR 2021 BUILDER ANNOUNCED
- MID 2021 Constructions CONSTRUCTION COMMENCES
- LATE 2022 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
Last updated: 23 July 2021
Subscribe to our
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates