Welcome to VHBA In Brief
In this issue, find out more about our latest project milestones and explore:
- new designs for the massive Frankston Hospital redevelopment
- how we expanded the Monash Medical Centre's emergency department
- how we’re using modular construction
- a new mixed-medical facility for the Dja Dja Wurrung community
- latest international award for the New Footscray Hospital Project
- current procurement opportunities.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date on our announcements and project updates.
Frankston Hospital redevelopment designs
Construction of the $1.1 billion Frankston Hospital redevelopment is now underway, with newly released designs revealing a first look at the largest ever health infrastructure investment in Melbourne’s south-east.
The images in the video showcase the design’s earthy tones and layered materials, inspired by the distinctive coastline of the Mornington Peninsula.
In the spotlight
Monash Medical Centre: expanding a busy major hospital
Construction on emergency departments and hospitals has continued through the pandemic, with more vital resources becoming available.
See how we expanded one of Victoria’s busiest emergency departments at the Monash Medical Centre.
Modular construction in healthcare design
Modular construction can deliver fast, high quality and sustainable healthcare buildings. Prefabricated buildings these days are smart, can be built as permanent structures, and the quality is equal to a traditional build.
Explore how we are using the modular approach in healthcare design.
See our latest milestones:
- new Camperdown aged care facility: Designs released
- new emergency department for Albury Wodonga Health: Construction begins
- Swan Hill District Health emergency department redevelopment: Designs released
- new ambulance branches in Ararat, Inglewood, Karingal and Rochester: Builders appointed
In case you missed it
Buying for Victoria
- Kingston Residential Aged Care Development: Main Works - Forward Notice (closing 29 July 2022)
- Warrnambool Base Hospital Redevelopment Stage 1: ECI, Early & Main Works. Managing Contractor Services (closing 29 July 2022)
- Rutherglen Residential Aged Care Development: Main Works - Forward Notice (closing 04 October 2022)
Industry Capability Network
Local subcontractors and suppliers can submit initial expressions of interest in trade packages, furniture, fittings and equipment, and other work packages that may form part of the following projects:
- Rutherglen residential aged care development
- Kingston residential aged care development
- Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment
We encourage suppliers to register on Buying for Victoria (tenders.vic.gov.au) and the Industry Capability Network (ICN Gateway) to view VHBA offers to supply. Find out more about VHBA procurement.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date
Stay up-to-date on our announcements and health, mental heath and ageing projects by signing up to our online newsletters.
Last updated: 26 July 2022