As of 1 February 2021, we became the Victorian Health Building Authority (formerly VHHSBA), a branch of the Department of Health (DH). This website will be updated to reflect the changes to the Victorian Government.
The $10 million Ballarat Health Services cardiac catheterisation laboratory project at Ballarat Base Hospital was completed in August 2017.
It is designed to support more people in western Victoria to access urgent heart assessment, treatment and care – closer to home.
Cardiac catheterisation laboratories are used for lifesaving heart procedures such as stenting, angiography, inserting pacemakers and implantable defibrillators.
This cardiac catheterisation laboratory is the second for Ballarat Health Services. It includes additional waiting space to significantly increase capacity.
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED MAY 2015
- Constructions NOV 2016 CONSTRUCTION BEGAN
- CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE AUG 2017
- Constructions SEP 2017 EQUIPMENT COMMISSIONED
- OPENED DEC 2017
- MAY 2015 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- NOV 2016 Constructions CONSTRUCTION BEGAN
- AUG 2017 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
- SEP 2017 Constructions EQUIPMENT COMMISSIONED
- DEC 2017 OPENED
Last updated: 18 October 2019
Subscribe to our
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates