Meet the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment’s community consultative committee
A community consultative committee has been appointed to help shape the $541.6 million redevelopment of the Ballarat Base Hospital.
The Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment community consultative committee will be led by former Premier and Ballarat local Steve Bracks, alongside Member for Wendouree Juliana Addison and Member for Buninyong Michaela Settle.
Sixteen local community members have been selected for the committee following a competitive expression of interest process to ensure a balanced cross-section of the communities demographics and areas of interests were reflected.
The community members will be joined by representatives from Ballarat Health Services and the City of Ballarat and will contribute to the project’s planning and development through open dialogue and consultation.
The committee will provide a local perspective and support strong engagement with the broader community throughout the redevelopment, ensuring the hospital meets local healthcare needs for generations to come.
“As a Ballarat local, I am very honoured to chair the community consultative committee for what is one of Ballarat’s most significant projects,” said Steve Bracks.
“It is fantastic to see so many community members keen to work with us to ensure the new hospital meets the needs of our community for years to come.”
The members of the community consultative committee are:
- Steve Bracks (Chair)
- Juliana Addison, MP for Wendouree (Deputy Chair)
- Michaela Settle, MP for Buninyong (Deputy Chair)
- Dale Fraser, CEO Ballarat Health Services
- Luke Gahan, Ballarat Health Services Community Advisory Committee
- Evan King, CEO City of Ballarat
- Karen Heap, CEO Ballarat and District Aboriginal Cooperative
- Anna Marshall, Project Director, Ballarat Base Hospital Redevelopment, Victorian Health Building Authority
- Debbie Rybicki, community member
- Carly Borchers, community member
- Raveen Chilukuri, community member
- Simon Dwyer, community member
- Matt Hustwaite, community member
- Ellen Stammers, community member
- Irene Lim, community member
- Richard McDowell, community member
- Edwina Frost, community member
- Christopher Whyte, community member
- Jackie Warner, community member
- Kath Walters, community member
- Michael Akindeju, community member
- Jessica Frost-Camilleri, community member
- Geoffrey James, community member
- Marianne Hendron, community member.
Community survey report
The community has already shared their early views on the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment via a recent community survey, which shows overwhelming support for the project.
More than 300 locals helped shape planning for the redevelopment through a recent online survey on Engage Victoria. The responses provided insight into the services that matter to them.
More than 90 per cent of respondents indicated emergency treatment was their top priority, along with more women and children’s services, better wayfinding and a comfortable, welcoming and inclusive hospital.
To receive email updates about the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment and further community consultation opportunities, sign up to the mailing list.
Learn more about the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment via our dedicated project page.
Last updated: 08 March 2021
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates