Wangaratta Hospital redevelopment now complete
The $22.9 million state-of-the-art redevelopment of the Wangaratta Hospital is now complete.
The redevelopment involved a mix of new buildings and refurbishment works. These included:
- a new eight-bed paediatric ward with ensuites and parent accommodation
- emergency department upgrades, including extra treatment spaces, an isolation room and a behavioural assessment room
- a new eight-bed short stay unit for patients staying less than 24 hours
- a new 12-bed intensive care unit equipped with the latest technology
- a medical ward with 11 extra beds to create two 20-bed inpatient units.
This increased capacity will enable the hospital to meet future demand and reduce waiting times for patients needing urgent care.
Learn more about the Wangaratta Hospital redevelopment.
Regional Health Infrastructure Fund
The project was funded through the Victorian Government’s $790 million Regional Health Infrastructure Fund.
It was delivered by Northeast Health Wangaratta, in partnership with the Victorian Health Building Authority and Zauner Constructions.
The Regional Health Infrastructure Fund provides funding to Victoria’s rural and regional public health and residential aged care services. This funding enables health services to continue to provide safe and efficient care to local communities.
Learn more about the Regional Health Infrastructure Fund.
Last updated: 16 March 2023