New Melton Hospital Project industry briefing
The industry briefing was an opportunity for major infrastructure and partner organisations to learn more about the New Melton Hospital Project and its procurement process.
- The Hon. Mary-Anne Thomas, Minister for Health and Ambulance
- Robert Fiske, CEO, Victorian Health Building Authority
- Russell Harrison, CEO, Western Health
- Tina Skliros, Executive Director, PPP Projects
- An Nguyen, Executive Director and Head of Partnerships Victoria, Infrastructure Delivery Group, Department of Treasury and Finance
- Roslyn Wai, CEO, Melton City Council.
06 October 2022
10.00 am - 11.15 am
Online via Microsoft Teams Live
Watch the recording
Recorded webinar: New Melton Hospital Project industry briefing
|WATCH THE VIDEO||TOPIC|
Tony Michele, Executive Director, Delivery, VHBA
Building a new hospital for Melton
The Hon. Mary-Anne Thomas MP, Minister for Health
The investment need
Robert Fiske, Chief Executive Officer, VHBA
The health service need
Russell Harrison, Chief Executive Office, Western Health
Project scope and procurement
Tina Skliros, Director PPP, VHBA
Partnerships Victoria – the policy context
An Nguyen, Executive Director and Head of Partnerships Victoria, Department of Treasury and Finance
The council’s perspective
Roslyn Wai, Chief Executive Officer, Melton City Council
The new Melton Hospital will support the growing and diverse communities of Caroline Springs, Rockbank, Melton and Bacchus Marsh.
To be developed at 245-267 Ferris Road, Cobblebank, the new Melton Hospital will include:
- a 24-hour emergency department
- at least 274 beds (395 points of care)
- an intensive care unit
- maternity and neonatal services
- mental health services, radiology services and ambulatory care
- a new education and training hub for doctors and nurses in Melbourne’s west.
Construction is expected to start in 2024 and be completed in 2029.
The project is expected to create more than 700 direct jobs and 1,700 indirect jobs during construction.
Learn more about the new Melton Hospital via our dedicated project page.
Find more information on supplying to the Victorian Government via our dedicated procurement page.
New Melton Hospital Project Teammeltonhospital@health.vic.gov.au
Last updated: 20 October 2022