- News and events
- Expressions of interest closed for Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment – Stage 3
Expressions of interest closed for Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment – Stage 3
We’re seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for a main works contractor to design and construct the final stage of the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment.
Expressions of interest closed 4 May 2023.
Stage 3 main works include:
- enabling works to clear the build site
- a new multi-level tower and helipad
- external works inclusive of a new Sturt Street entrance and landscaping.
The new tower building will include:
- a new emergency department
- a women’s and children’s hub
- a theatre suite and procedure rooms
- a helipad
- a central sterile supply department (CSSD)
- 100 new inpatient beds
- loading dock and back-of-house functions in the basement.
How to submit an EOI for stage 3 - Main works contractor
Expressions of interest are now open. Applications close at 2.00 pm on 4 May 2023.
For more information and application requirements, visit the Buying for Victoria website (tenders.vic.gov.au):
- VHBA-20.1328-E-11c - Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment Stage 3 Main Works Construction Contractor - EOI
Please note: To be shortlisted, respondents must be registered on the Department of Treasury and Finance Construction Supplier Register.
Advanced tender notice – Car park expansion
An advanced tender notice has also been released for the expansion of the multideck car park.
These works include vertical expansion of the existing multideck car park by approximately 400 car spaces. Works are expected to be completed in early-2024 prior to the start of stage 3.
Visit the Buying for Victoria website (tenders.vic.gov.au) for more details:
- VHBA- 20.1328-A-11b - Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment - Multideck car park expansion
Estimated advertising date: 4 May 2023 02:00 pm
About the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment
The Victorian Government is investing $541.6 million to redevelop and expand the Ballarat Base Hospital.
Once completed, the hospital will have the capacity to treat at least 18,000 more emergency patients and an extra 14,500 inpatients per year.
The redevelopment is being completed over multiple stages. The redevelopment is currently in stage two. This includes the construction of the new central energy plant and support services building on Drummond Street.
Construction of stage 3 is expected to be completed in 2027.
Car park expansion
An extra 400 car parking spaces will be delivered as part of the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment.
The car park expansion is part of a $54 million package of works that also includes temporarily relocating the current helipad landing zone. A new helipad will form part of stage three of the main works redevelopment, where it will be positioned on top of the new multi-level tower.
Learn more about the Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment.
Last updated: 13 April 2023