Updated COVIDSafe settings for metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are now in place.
View new restrictions to construction sites.
A major milestone for Monash emergency department
The $76.3 million Monash emergency department expansion is one step closer, with the completion of all major structural works.
When complete, the project will deliver:
- a dedicated children’s emergency department
- 24 extra emergency department cubicles
- refurbishment of existing emergency department areas
- a new alcohol and other drug and mental health hub
- improved internal signage
- better traffic management, flow and congestion across the Monash Medical Centre Clayton campus.
Monash Medical Centre already has one of Melbourne’s busiest emergency departments. The number of paediatric patients is growing each year. The expansion will ensure families in Melbourne’s growing south-east receive world-class care, close to home.
The emergency department will continue to operate over the construction period. Services will be available to the public in full capacity.
The Monash Medical Centre emergency department expansion will be completed in 2022.
Learn more about the Monash Medical Centre emergency department expansion via our dedicated project page.
Last updated: 04 March 2021
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online commmunity for regular news and project updates