The Victorian Government is investing $45.36 million to build a new residential aged care facility at Orbost Regional Health.
The new facility will replace Lochiel House and Waratah Lodge, delivering a bigger, better and safer home for residents and staff. Operated by Orbost Regional Health, the new residential aged care facility will provide an environment that is dementia-friendly, and better suited to supporting mental health and the complex care needs of older Victorians.
Residents will have their own private, single bedrooms with ensuite, in settings that promote dignity, privacy, person-centred care and independence. This includes utilising the concept of ‘small households’. Each household will have its own kitchen, dining, lounge and break-out sitting areas.
The project is part of the Victorian Government’s 'Rural and Regional Public Sector Residential Aged Care Services Revitalisation Strategy'.
This strategy will progressively transform existing or develop new purpose-built residential aged care facilities that better meet community expectations and promote residents' independence, dignity and mental health.
- FUNDING ANNOUNCED MAY 2022
- Constructions LATE 2022 DESIGN CONSULTANTS APPOINTED
- DESIGNS RELEASED LATE 2023
- Constructions MID 2024 BUILDER APPOINTED
- CONSTRUCTION BEGINS LATE 2024
- Constructions LATE 2026 CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
- MAY 2022 FUNDING ANNOUNCED
- LATE 2022 Constructions DESIGN CONSULTANTS APPOINTED
- LATE 2023 DESIGNS RELEASED
- MID 2024 Constructions BUILDER APPOINTED
- LATE 2024 CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
- LATE 2026 Constructions CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE
Orbost Regional Health residential aged care development
- 104 Boundary Road Orbost, Victoria, 3888, Australia
Last updated: 03 May 2023
Subscribe to our
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates