Request for tenders open for Warrnambool Base Hospital redevelopment – Enabling works
The Victorian Government is investing $384.2 million to deliver stage one of the Warrnambool Base Hospital redevelopment – the largest ever health capital build in rural Victoria.
Requests for tenders are open to appoint architects and engineers for the first stage of the redevelopment, which will involve the design and construction of a new off-site Regional Logistics Distribution Centre.
For more information and application requirements, visit the listings below on the Buying for Victoria website (tenders.vic.gov.au):
- Warrnambool Base Hospital Redevelopment – Enabling Works: Building Engineering Services Consultant
- Warrnambool Base Hospital Redevelopment – Enabling Works: Principal Consultant (Architect)
Submissions close mid-August 2021.
When completed in 2026, the redevelopment will help meet the growing demand for services in South West Victoria. The redevelopment will include:
- a new multi-storey clinical tower
- a bigger emergency department
- a suite of operating theatres
- an additional 22 inpatient beds
- a dedicated paediatric unit
- clinical accommodation for pathology services, dialysis and central sterile services
- a 120-space basement carpark for patients and visitors
- a new, offsite Regional Logistics Distribution Centre.
The redevelopment is expected to create around 800 jobs during construction.
Construction of the Regional Logistics Distribution Centre is expected to start in mid-2022. Construction of the hospital tower is expected to begin in mid-2024.
Learn more about the Warrnambool Base Hospital redevelopment via our dedicated project page.
Last updated: 28 July 2021
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates