Welcome to VHBA In Brief
Welcome to the latest Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA) newsletter, VHBA In Brief.
In this issue:
- more help for Victorian families
- good design in health infrastructure
- living well in aged care
- budget boost to Victorian health services
- latest project updates
- work at VHBA: Meet some of our executive leadership team
- sustainable healthcare
- procurement opportunities.
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date on our announcements and project updates.
More help for Victorian families
We’re expanding Victoria’s early parenting centre (EPC) network to support new parents and carers.
Having a baby or child under four years of age is a special time for families. But it can also be a stressful time. For some, support from loved ones, their local doctor, and a maternal and child health service will be enough. Others will experience more persistent challenges. That’s where EPCs can help.
See how more early parenting centres will help families with children up to four years old.
Calm spaces for kids in emergency departments
We are also designing and building new specialist emergency departments for children at five of Victoria’s busiest hospitals.
Emergency staff explain how calmer spaces for kids are helping.
See how EPCs help new mums, dads and carers with children up to four years old
In the spotlight
What is good design in health infrastructure?
Good design provides a platform to transcend aesthetics to deliver benefits well beyond the built form. These benefits include improved models of care and safety, enhanced treatment outcomes and more dignified experiences for patients, aged care residents, staff and families.
Watch Stefano Scalzo, Executive General Manager of Infrastructure Planning at the Victorian Department of Health, and Professor Julie Bernhardt, Co-head of Stroke at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health discuss the benefits of good design in health infrastructure.
Living well in aged care
By focusing on the needs of residents in public aged care, we can create a supportive environment that enhances wellness and promotes independence.
See how we’re improving residential aged care services across Victoria, using supportive design and resident insights.
See our latest project updates and milestones for:
- Ballarat Base Hospital redevelopment: Industry leaders shortlisted to build final stage
- Barwon Women’s and Children’s: Join the new Community Consultative Committee
- University Hospital Geelong: Construction starts on new children’s emergency department
- Melton: New ambulance branch opens
- New Footscray Hospital: Halfway point of construction
Work at VHBA: Meet some of our executive leadership team
In case you missed it
- Ballarat Base Hospital Redevelopment - Multideck Car Park Expansion RFT
- Barwon Women’s and Children’s (BWC) Project – Endoscopy and Day Procedure Relocation Works
- Werribee Mercy ED Expansion Project – Early Works – EOI
Last updated: 23 May 2023
Subscribe to our
See other projects
in this area.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Stay up to date with news and information from VHBA
Thank you for subscribing to the VHBA eNewsletter.
Join our online community for regular news and project updates